RRC encourages students to be green and use alternative methods of getting to campus such as carpooling with classmates or taking Winnipeg Transit. The College and the Students’ Association offer a carpool matching service that matches students up with others in their area to carpool to the College together.
Are YOU Interested in:
- Saving money on gas?
- Getting a close parking spot?
- Conserving energy?
- Reducing congestion?
- Saving money on Parking?
- Being more eco friendly?
- Reducing green house gas emissions?
If you’re interested in one or all of the options above, you are a candidate for carpool parking!
Red River College Parking Services and the Students’ Association have teamed up to help students find more affordable and eco friendly ways of traveling to school.
There will be as many spots as there are applicants. Parking services is also willing to put them were they are needed I.E. if you are in one of the northern buildings there will be spots there. If you are in one of the eastern buildings there will be spots there.
Getting a pass!
- Find someone to car pool with ( go to www.carpool.ca if you need help)
- Go to the Parking Office located in D101. (Immediately beside student services)
- Give them your name and the name of the person(s) you are carpooling with.
- Give them the license plate of at least two cars that you will be using.
- Pay the fee (same as student pass).
- Boom you have reserved top of the lot parking.
According to Environment Canada, overall transportation represents the largest single source of Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions, accounting for 27% of the total. Do your part to help eliminate gas emissions, carpool!